So here it is; my new site, a new outlook. Keeping it simple, focusing on the creativity.
With my last project, “Tristessa,” I got caught up in the World Wide Web, putting my music on every social and music networking site possible. Listening to and following advice from the “industry experts” on how to make my music and brand stand out from all the rest, without the desired results.
I got burned out. Tristessa had gone as far it was going to go. The shows weren’t as strong as they should have been, and I was uninspired to write new material. I thought about giving it all up but I knew I couldn’t as my spirit would not allow it. I needed the freedom to create again, and after thinking about it for some time, I decided to start fresh. Going back to the beginning, and remembering why I picked up the guitar and started writing in the first place:
The love, freedom, and ecstasy of losing oneself in creation and expression.
And why “Guilty Souls”? I was told that I feel guilty for everything I do, good and bad. I couldn’t argue back because it’s true. As I was thinking of a new band name, “Guilty Souls” immediately popped into my head.
The words and music I write is what I enjoy and how I want to be remembered by. Allowing my family and friends know more about me through my music, whether right or wrong, good or bad. There you have it, simple as that.
Thank you for visiting. Drop a line or say hello, either way I’d love to hear from you.
Jude of Guilty Souls
A little more about me:
- I love all kinds of music; my favorites are in the genre of alternative, electronic, ambient, and instrumental. When I write, I focus [unconsciously] in those genres.
- I started playing the guitar in my early twenties, learning songs of the Beatles, Radiohead, Smashing Pumpkins, and the Verve.
- I love creating sounds with my guitar effect pedals. My current favorite is Reverb.
- I write and create music on my iPad.
- I released an album titled “Listen To Echoes” under Tristessa. The album is still available, but only as a digital download. (Find it here: Listen To Echoes)
- I love photography.
- I love baking and have mastered my own carrot cake recipe and two different chocolate chop cookie recipes.
- I enjoy reading self-help books and how the mind and body work. I also enjoy working out and eating a plant-based diet.
- I’m a high school baseball coach and private hitting instructor.
If you would like to know more, all you have to do is ask.
Thanks again for visiting, please visit often.